Thimphu, Bhutan Travel Itinerary
How long was your stay?
How did you travel?
Tell us why you traveled to this destination.
We travelled to Thimphu because it is most famous for visitors and also it is known as one of the peace and beautiful place especially to relax when we are tired from our works.
Give us all the details! Tell us where you went and what you did on your trip.
Day 1: Thimphu sightseeing
● Took breakfast in the Hotel.
● Went for the local sightseeing which includes the Memorial Chorten built in memory of the 3rd King.
● Visit Buddha Dordenma Statue
● Visit Simply Bhutan – A living Museum
● Takin Zoo
● Come for the lunch at a Tourist Restaurant
● In the evening visit Tashichho Dzong (Fort)
● Visit Handicraft market
● Overnight stay in the Hotel.
Day 2: Thimphu to Punakha (3 Hrs) altitude 1350m
● Had Breakfast in the hotel.
● Check out from the hotel & drive to Punakha via Dochula Pass.
● Visit Dochula Pass (3150m.)- 108 Druk Wangyel Chortens built over the pass by queen mother in 2003 marks the pass more important and beautiful.
● On arrival at Punakha, check in the hotel.
● Walk to Chimmi Lhakang – walk through the rice field of Mesina to Chimi Lhakhang,
Temple of fertility
● Visit Punakha Dzong – showcase the finest example of the arts and crafts of Bhutan
● Overnight stay at Hotel
Day 03: Punakha to Paro (4 Hrs)
● Had breakfast in the hotel
● Check out from the hotel & drive to Paro.
● Arrival at Paro
● Check in Hotel & take lunch
● Afternoon Visit Paro Dzong
● Visit Ta Dzong (National Museum of Bhutan)
Day 4: Hike to Taktsang (Tiger Nest)
● Breakfast in the hotel
● Day hike to Tiger Nest Temple (5hrs walk) perched on a rock overlooking a sheer drop and clings seemingly impossibly to a cliff of rock at 900m above the valley floor.
● Visit Kichu Lhakhang
● In the evening we went for a hot stone bath
● Overnight stay in Hotel.
Day 5: Departure from Paro.
● Breakfast in the hotel
● Check out from the hotel
Would you recommend this trip to a friend?
What was the highlight of your trip?
● Walking in the Botanical Garden with all greenery around and beautiful flower blossoms surrounding.
● Ema-Datshe Dish is most famous in Bhutan to eat. It is spicy, made of chili and cheese.
If you were to take this trip again, is there anything you would add or do differently?
Yes, I would like to do meditation for few days as Bhutan is known for retreats and GNH. I also would like to hear a talk on GNH (Gross National Happiness).
Travel itineraries are an essential part of MyPinerary. By sharing the details of your own travel experiences you are helping other travelers plan their perfect trip. Become part of the MyPinerary community by submitting your travel itineraries.